We are coming to you LIVE from New Orleans this week!! 85% of this episode is about food, the other 15% is devoted to walking tours, jazz music, and other awesome sights we’ve seen (or are going to see) while we’re here in New Orleans. But mostly we’re just here for the food.
Questions? Suggestions? Call (641) 715-3900 or email email@example.com
Transportation and getting around:
Bed and Breakfast options in New Orleans – AWESOME resource, such darling, cute places, mainly in the Garden District
Jazzy Pass! a.k.a. getting around via streetcar
A free self-guided walking tour of the Garden District – Yes FREE! Just open the page on your phone.
Free tours by foot – They offer foodie tours, haunted ghost tours, French Quarter tours, Garden District tours, Voodoo tours, you name it!
Groupon options for walking tours – Lots of haunted options here, but you can find a good variety of other tours as well.
Other sights to see:
Mardi Gras World – Experience Mardi Gras without the crowds or being there in February!
WWII Museum – You can buy your tickets online!
Preservation Hall – According to locals it’s the best jazz in New Orleans. Online reserved seating is available and HIGHLY recommended!
St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 – Cool and creepy and all the things you want it to be. Be advised, you do have to be a part of a tour group to see this cemetery.
Commander’s Palace — Dress code is mandatory, DEFINITELY make a reservation.
Ruby Slipper – Breakfast!
Cafe Du Monde – THE place for beignets
Cochon Butcher – With the incredible sandwiches Amy had us drooling over
Mike’s Book Corner
A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams